Following are questions of paper of History of the USA appeared in the paper of CSS 2015, paper was held on 18-02-2015
Q.2. Since the Declaration of Independence, the Westward expansion was a story of annexations, concession and purchases. Discuss. (20)
Q.3. Discuss the trends and causes leading to the expansion of federal government's power in the U.S. (20)
Q.4. What are the Sources of Revenues and Funds of Government in the U.S.? Is it true to say that the Americans pay taxes for civic facilities?
Q.5. Compare the Lockean philosophy with the American Political thought. (20)
Q.6. Evaluate the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. How far the American policymakers remained successful in achieving their goals? (20)
Q.7. In what respect did the philosophy and rationale of Jackosnian democracy differ from those of Jeffersonian? (20)
Q.8. Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (20)
(a) Federal Securities; (b) Natural Aristocracy of Thomas Jefferson; (c) Monroe Doctrine.
1. Rush-Bagot Treaty was signed between: US and Britain
2. Camp David is located at: Maryland
3. Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote: Uncle Tom's Cabin
4. Susan B. Anthony was an advocate of: women's rights
5. The year when the Dred Scott case took place: 1857
6. Ku Klux Klan was established in: Tennessee
7. Peace Treaty of 1783 was signed in: Paris
8. First Ten Amendments to the US Constituion are: Bill of Rights
9. Open Door Policy was in response to: China
10. Truman Doctrine related to: Turkey and Greece
11. Era of Good Feelings was during the presidency of: James Monroe
12. The Battle of Run took place in: 1861
13. Vice Presidents of US: Andrew Johnson, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon
14. Tinnanmen Square: China
15. Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote about: slavery, social issues, and ???
16. Contra Affair - the options I remember are Peru and Iran
17. Anglo-American Conference took place in the city: ???