CSS 2013, Paper of Economics I and II CSS held on 05-March-2013
Paper I of Economics CSS 2013
1. Under perfect competition, how the firms earn abnormal and normal level of profits both in the short run and long run period? Explain with suitable diagram.
2. In the face of substantial crowding out, which will be more successful- fiscal or monetary policy? Explain in detail.
3.What are the problems of excess sensitivity and excess smoothness? Does their existence disproves or invalidate the I.C-PIH? Explain.
4. As per Keynesian analysis, an increase in government spending raises the aggregate demand, so the fiscal policy by itself can be a source of inflation. Is this statement true, false or uncertain? Explain.
5. What is meant by public expenditure growth? What are the various causes of expenditure growth? Explain.
6. What is the economics of dumping? Explain in detail.
7. Differentiate and explain monetary policy multiplier and fiscal policy-multiplier?
1. What is meant by economic development? Compare and contrast various measures of economic development?
2. Explain the concept of economic planning and critically evaluate the planning experience in Pakistan.
3. Define and discuss the role of human capital planning in the economic development of Pakistan.
4. Agricultural development is indispensable for industrial development in Pakistan. Discuss this statement.
5. Discuss the nexus between foreign trade and economic growth in Pakistan.
6. Define and discuss the role of FDI in the growth of private sector in Pakistan.
7. Write notes on any Two of the following.
a) Absolute and relative poverty
b) Farm size- Productivity relationship in Pakistan.
c) Growth and Income distribution.